8/7/16

Insert Wizard of Oz Joke Here

Oh, hey there.  Remember me?  I made it to my new home which, as you may have guessed from the title of this post, is Kansas!  Did you know Kansas is just about smack dab in the middle of the country?  You probably did.  California public education didn't do a very good job of acquainting me with maps, so it was a surprise to me.  Either way, here I am.  Moving was every bit as stressful as I thought it would be, and then some.  Like, a lot some.  Sooo glad that's over, and you should be sooo glad I waited a few months to update, because I'm far enough removed from the moving trauma at this point that you'll be mercifully spared all the details.

This move has been such a great thing for me in so many ways, I don't even know where to begin. Just know that I am more secure, more carefree, and more optimistic about the future than I have been in a long time.  The dogs love it in the new place, and I love it, too.  I also love my new town!  I definitely miss working a normal 8-5 work schedule Monday-Friday, and I miss the friends I made while in Ohio, but even still, everything is super peachy.  I've rediscovered the simple joys I used to find in fitness and nail polish (that could be part of the title of my future autobiography), and low key weekends with my pups and some Netflix.

I don't have any exciting photos to help portray how well everything is going here.  I'll try to start being intentional about documenting good things going forward.  Maybe a few "basic millennial" shots of good local beer, meals... BBQ.  Oh my word, you guys, the BBQ in and around Kansas City.  You need it in your life, believe me.  Do yourself a favor and go to Joe's of Kansas City if you're ever in the neighborhood.  It'll turn you into a total BBQ-head if you aren't one already. It's like the culinary version of Yosemite.  It's a beautiful and mind-blowing experience.

Hope all is well with you, wherever you may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment